We proudly present you our new international high-profile Master’s track in medical data science, the M.Sc. in Health and Medical Data Analytics (M.Sc. HMDA)!
Our highly selective Master’s study track started in the fall/winter semester 2019/20 and intents to achieve a greater integration of innovation and entrepreneurship skills within the study program. It is funded by the European medtech consortium EIT Health and brings together four top-notch universities across Europe: Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain, Universidade de Lisboa (UL), Portugal, Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA), France, and Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), Germany.
What is innovative about this program?
In contrast to traditional university education in engineering, the M.Sc. in Health and Medical Data Analytics aims to
- teach students data analytics for medical applications at 4 top-notch universities in Europe, giving them chance to specialize in each institution’s key research areas
- provide students with innovation and business skills in addition to their studies in medical data analytics. We teach students how to convert academic knowlegde into a concrete business product or service, e.g. an app that helps patients to cope better with their disease or a database that helps hospitals provide better service to patients. Through our program, they learn how to identify market needs, come up with a technical solution for them and turn innovative ideas into real business opportunities. Our graduates possess the business skills to create their own start-up or work in the innovation department of companies.
- give students access to the biggest medtech network in Europe by connecting them with the community of EIT Health. Being part of the EIT Health network means easy access to support and funding for business ideas through their Accelerator and Innovation Projects programs.
- train students international mindset through a mandatory study abroad phase at one of the program partner universities.
- create practical experience and team skills through innovative teaching, i.e. hands-on, real life projects and internships, in which academic knowledge is put into practice.
- connect students with medtech companies and hospitals early on in their studies – through teachers with an industry background, business collaborations in practical projects and a Master’s thesis which is supervised by an academic and non-academic medtech expert.
Interested? Please find more info here:
Information for prospective students (will be available soon)